Instructions for travel to Nunavik from the South
Step 1: Travel authorization
For the purpose to allow us to assess your admissibility, fill out the questionnaire below once your flight has been reserved, at least 72 hours before departure: https://form.dragnsurvey.com/survey/r/9baa781e.
An authorization to access the territory of Nunavik (NTAA/AATN) will be sent to you by email following the analysis of your questionnaire.
Step 2: Quarantine
Given that quarantine is the most effective method to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the obligation to quarantine applies to all travellers .1 Quarantine may be carried out in the South or in the North (or a combination of both). Quarantine must be for an uninterrupted period of 14 days, apart from the day of travel to Nunavik.
Step 3: Health Questionnaire and Covid-19 Testing
On the day of the flight, you will need to fill out a health questionnaire. People who have symptoms of COVID-19 and those who are in isolation after close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 will not be permitted to board.
Screening for COVID-19 before departure:
- For flights departing from the Montréal-Trudeau Airport, advance screening is not required. The test may be performed at the airport. Plan on arriving at least two hours before your flight’s departure time. Proof of a negative result for a test performed at a designated testing center within 96 hours of departure is also accepted.
- For flights departing from the Jean Lesage Airport in Québec City, no on-site screening for COVID-19 is available. You may visit a designated testing center in your region. Proof of a negative result for a COVID-19 test performed within 96 hours of departure must be presented.
- For flights departing from the airport of La Grande-Rivière or Schefferville, if you cannot obtain a test before departure, visit the health centre of your community upon arrival on the Nunavik territory to be tested for COVID-19.
NEW: Additional Step Required
Note that a second Covid-19 test is now required for travellers coming from the South on the 7th day following their arrival.
For additional information:
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRAVEL TO NUNAVIK - AIR INUIT PASSENGERS
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRAVEL TO NUNAVIK - AIR CREEBEC PASSENGERS
For any other travel inter-community or North to South:
Ticket can be book via airline website or throught travel agencies. There is no need to get a NTAA.
1 A critical worker whose absence would cause an interruption to an essential service may be authorized to work during his or her quarantine. The organization hiring a worker is responsible for providing instructions adapted to the work in question to minimize risks of transmission (e.g., distancing of two metres, use of a mask and visor, strict hand hygiene, self-monitoring of symptoms). Outside work hours, the critical worker must remain in quarantine.