Instructions for travel to Nunavik from the South
Step 1: Travel Authorization & Quarantine plan
To allow assessment of your admissibility, please fill the questionnaire below. The questionnaire can be filled as soon as your reservation is made, as long as your plan for quarantine is known. To allow analysis, it must be filled 72 hours or more BEFORE your departure.
An authorization to access the territory of Nunavik (NTAA/AATN) will be sent to you by email following the analysis of your questionnaire.
- If you do not have internet access, contact Nunavik COVID-19 INFO-HEALTH line at 1-888-662-7482 to fill out your questionnaire and obtain your authorization to access the territory of Nunavik (NTAA/AATN).
- For any other information concerning your trip, contact: email@example.com
Step 2: Quarantine
Given that quarantine is the most effective method to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the obligation to quarantine applies to all travellers. 1Quarantine may be carried out in the South or in the North (or a combination of both). Quarantine must be for an uninterrupted period of 14 days, apart from the day of travel to Nunavik.
Step 3: Screening for COVID-19 before departure
Note that a negative result is mandatory before departure.
- For flights departing from the Montréal-Trudeau Airport, starting October 28th, 2020, a COVID-19 screening clinic will be available to offer screening to travellers leaving from Montreal to Nunavik. The screening service will no longer be offered at Montreal airport. Proof of a negative result for a test performed at a designated testing center within 96 hours of departure is also accepted.
The Nunavik travelers clinic is located at:
819 McCaffrey, Ville Saint-Laurent, Qc, H4T 1N3
You must make an appointment:
Call 1-514-341-8888 or 1-833-341-3888 (toll-free)
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For flights departing from the Jean Lesage Airport in Québec City, no on-site screening for COVID-19 is available. You may visit a designated testing center in your region. Proof of a negative result for a COVID-19 test performed within 96 hours of departure must be presented.
- For charter flights, you may visit the Nunavik travelers clinic or a designated testing center in your region. Proof of a negative result for a COVID-19 test performed within 96 hours of departure and a list of passengers must be sent to email@example.com before 3:00 pm on the day before the flight. This step is essential for the authorization of the charter flight. This step is required for the authorization of the charter flight.
Step 4: Pre-boarding questionnaire
On the day of the flight, you will need to fill out a health questionnaire. People who have symptoms of COVID-19 and those who are in isolation after close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 will not be permitted to board.
Step 5: 2 ndCOVID-19 screening
Note that a second COVID-19 screening is now required for all travelers coming from the south on the 7 thday following their arrival. It is the traveler’s responsibility to make an appointment with the CLSC in their community.
For people travelling to Whapmagoostui and going through Kuujjuaraapik:
- Nunavik Territory Access Authorization (NTAA) is required. Fill out the following questionnaire:
- No test is required to obtain the NTAA.
- Refer to the Quarantine Act applicable to this territory (mandatory self-isolation law):
Areas of risk: https://www.cngov.ca/covid-19/#risk