We must not feed nor encourage stigmatization towards anyone who has been diagnosed with the virus.
With the recent positive case of covid in Salluit of a worker from outside the region, we understand the level of fear and preoccupation from the population in the community and the region as a whole. We would like to reassure everyone that our goal is to maintain Nunavik COVID-19 free. In particular, essential workers are obliged to follow strict guidelines and safety protocols prior to arriving and during their stay. Health care workers are obliged to wear procedural masks and other safety measures when they are providing care to patients.
We must not feed nor encourage stigmatization and negative hurtful behaviour towards any member of the community and essential workers. We must practice mutual respect because we are all in this together, and together, we will get through.
The current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a particular and rare situation. It can affect people physically, but also psychologically.
- The Importance of Resilience in a Pandemic Context – FNQLHSSSC / Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- List of psychosocial resources COVID-19
- Tools intended for families, employees and the First Nations communities and population – FNQLHSSSC
- Don’t forget about mental health – QC Gouv
- Taking care of your mental health during COVID-19 – CAN Gov
- Stress, anxiety and depression – MSSS
- Coping with stress and uncertainty – COP
- Suicide Prevendtion - The Reach Out Workshop
- Self-care guide – QC Gouv
- Help reduce the spread of Coronavirus – CAN Gouv
- Guide to fight stigma – Red Cross
- Vulnerable population and COVID-19 – CAN Gouv
- Consultations concernant les effets de la pandémie sur la santé mentale : propositions de santé publique – INSPQ (Français)
- Détresse et COVID-19 – Conseils pour favoriser votre bien-être – AQPS (Français)
- COVID-19 et suicide : quand s’inquiéter? – AQPS (Français)
Quarantine and self-isolation
- 14 days wellbeing diary – Red Cross
- How to support someone in quarantine or self-isolation – Red Cross
Financial and material support
- Promoting Psychological Health and Suicide Prevention among Older Adults during COVID-19 – SPRC (EN)
- Increased Access to Mental Health Care for Older Adults: Getting Support during COVID-19 – SPRC (EN)
- Reducing Loneliness and Social Isolation among Older Adults – SPRC (EN)
- Treating Suicidal Patients during COVID-19 – SPRC (EN)