The Nunavik NIHB Program covers medical supplies and prescription medical equipment only. All purchases of items and services related to medical supplies or equipment are eligible as long as they are included in the Nunavik NIHB Program's guides and lists of eligible benefits.
Medical equipment and supplies include:
- Compression garments;
- Medical supplies such as bandages;
- Medical equipment such as walkers, wheelchairs;
- Orthotics and specialized footwear;
- Audiology items such as hearing aids and repairs;
- Respiratory assistance and oxygen therapy equipment and supplies;
- Prosthetics, such as artificial legs.
- The beneficiary or his/her guardian must ask the pharmacist to contact NIHB Nunavik in order to obtain an authorization indicating the applicable reimbursement after validation of the beneficiary's eligibility, the prescription and the pharmacist's submission.
- The authorization issued by Nunavik NIHB will indicate the amount to be reimbursed directly to the pharmacist. In the event that the program does not cover the full amount, the beneficiary will be responsible for paying the difference to the pharmacist.