Considering the progress that the Province has made at this stage of the pandemic, the additional travel restrictions for Nunavik, that were imposed on January 9, 2021, will be lifted as of February 8, 2021. The restrictions that were in effect before January 9, 2021 will be reinstated.
As of February 8, 2021, the following categories of people are allowed to travel from outside the region to Nunavik, on the condition that they obtain a Nunavik Territory Authorization Access permit (https://nunavik.canvas.kc-c.ca/ntaa):
- Those who have their principal residence in Nunavik
- Those who are non-resident beneficiaries (and their dependants) who have family ties in Nunavik
- Those for whom travel is necessary to receive care or services required due health conditions
- Those who work or exercise their profession in the region
- Those for whom travel is necessary for humanitarian purposes
- Those who transport goods or people in the region
- Those who must travel to the region to comply with an order contained in a court judgment
- Those who are dependents of workers with a permanent position based in Nunavik.